Kyle's sister Elizabeth had her wedding mid-May in St. George. We went down Friday night before the wedding and were able to go through the temple with her. It was really neat to be able to have everyone there. We stayed with Kyle's grandparents and I think they enjoyed having some company. The wedding day was of course crazy busy trying to make sure that everyone was on time and things were ready for the reception that night. Kyle and I did our best to help by making a Costco run and attempting to make lemonade. The most challenging part was probably getting the chocolate fountain to flow without so many bubbles...everyone left that job to Kyle and his engineering tactics. Elizabeth and her new husband looked very happy and it was a great day for everyone.
At the beginning of June we went with the Olson side of the family to Washington DC. It was so much fun to go back east and discover America's capital. We saw every monument I think possible from Thomas Jefferson, Lincoln, Vietnam, WWII, George Washington, Theodore Roosevelt...and the list goes on. I think one of our favorite sites was the Capital. They had amazing art work inside the dome. I really enjoyed Mt. Vernon and Arlington...I don't know...I guess I just enjoy looking at graves or something. We saw the changing of the guard and it was insane because this man decided he was going to try and go over a rope to place a wreath near the tomb and the guard turned and yelled at him with his gun! We also toured the mint which was really interesting...it smelled really bad inside. They told us that we weren't to touch the ceilings or the walls because they were silently alarmed and that if one person did everyone would have to leave. Here are some of the pictures that we took:
6 comments:
YEAY! I am so excited, I didn't even read it!
Hey, this is Sara Workman from Wymount. I hope you don't mind that I'm looking at your blog! I saw the link on Kendra Last's page. I hope you're doing well. My email address is saralynworkman@gmail.com
OMG!! I almost had a STROKE (in a good way) when I saw that you had posted something. So glad to know what you've been up doing. Don't you love DC? Guess where you can come next?! And I didn't realize Julie was going on a mission. WOW. Sounds like you've had a pretty busy summer so far.
YAY! It was about time!! :) That is awesome that you guys got to go to DC. Looks like you guys have been having a blast. We miss you guys!
New blog please.... with a picture of cute you in it. Thanks.
Pictures? Pictures? Hello? :)
Post a Comment